Chef James Oakley
Baked Chocolate tart recipe!
Pastry 150g Plain flour 75g Butter 35g Sugar 2 egg yolk (1) Cream together butter and sugar until pale in color
(2) Beat in 1 egg yolk
(3) Sift flour through a fine sieve and slow incorporate into sugar, butter, egg mixture (be sure not to overwork as the pastry will become tight)
(4) Allow pastry to rest for one hour prior to rolling
(5) Roll pastry into tart tin, perforate the base with a fork to prevent the base from rising allow pastry to rest in the chiller for a further 30 minutes
(6) Place baking paper into the tart and fill with baking beans (any dry beans will do even rice)
(7) Blind bake tart shell at 200oC for 10-15 minutes or until edges just start to brown
(8) Remove baking beans and continue to bake for a further 8-12 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned
(9) Lightly brush pastry with 1 remaining egg yolk to seal the pastry evenly (ensure all holes from when perforated are well sealed)
(10) Return pastry to oven for 1 – 2 minutes to cook egg yolk and seal the pastry Chocolate filling 150ml Milk 250ml Cream 2 eggs (beaten) 400g dark chocolate 70% (1) In a pan add milk and cream, bring to boil
(2) Once boiling pour over the dark chocolate, stirring continuously until the chocolate has fully melted
(3) Add eggs and fold together until fully and evenly incorporated
(4) Pour mixture into a baked pastry shell and bake at 150oC for 20 minuets
(5) Cool to room temperature and serve.