Creme Patissiere recipe (baked white chocolate flavor)
Updated: Mar 15, 2020
10g corn flour 10g plain flour 30g caster sugar 3 egg yolk 220g milk 30g baked white chocolate (Bake white chocolate in oven at 180oC for 6 minutes or until golden)
(1) In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and sugar until they start to thicken
(2) Add corn flour and plain flour and whisk well
(3) In a pan warm milk and baked white chocolate bring to boil ensuring chocolate has melted
(4) Pass milk and chocolate through a strainer onto the egg mixture and mix well
(5) Return mixture to the pan, warm gently whilst continuously stirring until thick and thoroughly cooked
(6) Pass through a strainer and allow to cool
Please do check out this video for a step by step tutorial for this recipe, link below! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPAZoEfINdM
Crème patissiere or pastry cream is a very versatile custard like filling used in many desserts such as eclairs, Mille-feuille and even the base for traditional French soufflé’s. You can create any flavor you like by removing or substituting the baked white chocolate just retain the same base ingredients and same ratio of liquid to egg, sugar, corn flour, flour mix.
Please do check out my delicious baked white chocolate Éclair recipe for a perfect way to use this delicious crème patissiere.